For the last eight years, mountain and Winter sports fools have been meeting on Mount Orford to take the start of the Snow Trail.
The Snow Trail Challenge takes place at nightfall and is to travel the one or three summit (s) of Mount Orford on the ski slopes of the resort.
New for 2018! Skimo’s courses take the new official skimo trails of Mount Orford and Mont-Orford National Park! Some longer courses with sections in the forest.
Equipped with a good head lamp, you have to climb several peaks of Mount Orford by choosing the mode of progression of your choice: race or trekking/mountain skiing (Skimo).
For the third consecutive year, the Snow Trail will counts in the cumulative score of the SkimoEast series. Feel free to consult the other dates of the SkimoEast series by following this link: www.skimoeast.com
The Snow Trail registration includes medals in the different categories, participation prizes and a souvenir of the Snow Trail.
The Inter-Club Trail Cup presented by Xact Nutrition is back!
This year again we are pleased to welcome the Inter-Club Trail Cup presented by Xact Nutrition. Last year’s winners, the Club de trail de Bromont, will be back to defend their title that was won by the Club de Trail de Montréal two years ago and by the Club Le Coureur in the first year. Come in large numbers to try to conquer this coveted title!
3 Summits or 1 Summit
Running or Skimo
|Before March 11||later||access to Mont Orford *||access to Mount Orford Park * *||Meal (optional)|
|3 Summits 13km||$48.50 + tx||$58.50 + tx||$5||N/A||$20|
|1 Summit 5km||$28.50 + tx||$38.50 + tx||$5||N/A||$20|
|3 Summits 15km||$48.50 + tx||$58.50 + tx||$5||$7.50||$20|
|1 Summit 6km||$28.50 + tx||$38.50 + tx||$5||$7.50||$20|
⇒ Deadline for registration: March 15, 2018
* It is now necessary to obtain access to the mountain for activities on the land of Mount Orford. Access rights are included in the unlimited alpine ski pass as well as in the mountain ski season Pass. If you do not have one of these packages, a daily right of access to the mountain must be obtained at a cost of $5 (when registering online).
* * Skimo’s new trails are on the territory of Mount Orford National Park. Participants in the Skimo category only have to pay access to the SEPAQ park. If you do not have your season pass, you must obtain a daily right of access to the park at a cost of $7.50 (when registering online). We invite you to donate to the Parks Quebec Fund and thus contribute to the protection and conservation of the national parks so that we can enjoy all the beauty and wealth for a long time. www.fondsparcsquebec.com/
Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable (same for cancellation for weather reasons)
Other relevant information
Need Skimo and cross country skiing equipment?
Come and equip yourself in Skimo In our Vélo-Café Endurance Aventure Shop.
We have a large selection of Italian and French brands: La Sportiva, Blizzard and SkiTrab. For the cross-country skiers, be aware that the Vélo-Café is now the official “Racing Center” of Rossignol cross-country skiing for the Estrie, some product like Rossignol’s R-skin classic ski will be available for Nordic ski enthusiasts who have a disdain for Waxing.
Contact: VéloCafé 1690 chemin de la Riviere-aux-Cherries, Magog, J1X 3W3 Phone: 819-769-0760
Snow Trail Regulations
- Follow the marked course at all times.
- The headlamp is mandatory as well as a flashing lamp in the back to avoid collisions.
- All riders will have to keep the right on downhill.
- Skiers will have to keep the left on the trail during descents.
- For ski categories, it is obligatory to have skis with metal squares. You can use the ski style you want.
- No sliding accessory (sled, crazy carpet, three skis, trash bag, coat…) will be accepted to go down so that all participants can keep control.